this skull session, you will be shown a series of images that
highlight the neurovascular portals associate with the trigeminal
nerve (CN V) and the pterygopalatine fossa.
Organization of the spaces. This section lays out the
fundamental organization of the skull by discussing the various
cavities and their shared borders.
2. Trigeminal Nerve. This section discusses the
nerve and the trajectories of its branches and the various aspects
of the skull that they pass through.
3. The Orbit. This section identifies the bony
components and structure of the orbit.
4. Nasal Cavities. This section describes the complex
structure of the nasal cavities and its relationship to the orbits,
anterior cranial fossa and the oral cavity.
5. Pterygopalatine Fossa. This section describes the
disposition and relationships of this small and often mysterious
space between the maxilla and pterygoid process of the sphenoid
process of the sphenoid bone.
6. Image Bank. A collection of approximately 50 annotated
images of the skull, highlighting the structures and nerves covered
in Skull Session II.
index page of thumbnails that can be viewed as needed
Slide Show: A
sequence of images vieled in serial order.